Changing the Subject

Changing the Subject

Postby ThunderHorse » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:57 pm

I have failed to smoothly change the subject several times in the last few days.

Switching from a subject about my level of accomplishments to some other subject, for instance.

"Well, let me hear your ideas on the ideals for such and such topic."

My wife enjoys talking about her ideas, and most everyone can command a vision of the perfect and ideal.

Of Course the trick is to know how to get to perfection, oe how to be happy with whatever is good enough.

I have some other notes someplace, about strategies for smoothly changing the subject. Probably need several backups, because on strategy will probably not work every time.

ThunderHorse

Postby ThunderHorse » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:15 pm

There are some things which we are not going to change soon, that are less than ideal.

In order for us to enjoy our marriage and our lives, we need to work on making tings better. We also need to make plans to make things better.

What is being discusse relateds to issues of _________.

The time is now ______, and we have accomplished A, B and C today, so let us just enjoy this time now. This is the time to put aisde our perceptions of imperfections, and use that Human power of forgetting and experiencing Denial.

Let us put aside those ideas, and give me instructions of how to help you relax.

ThunderHorse

Return to Communication