Yet another Internet problem

Yet another Internet problem

Postby HopefulbutConfused » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:36 pm

Hello
I have been married 26 years, have three kids, all out of the house. I was planning on reinvigorating my marriage, as the boys just moved out.
Here is my problem: my wife has developed a relationship with a married man over the Internet. His marriage has some serious problems, but now he wants to divorce his wife and marry mine. It seems his wife committed adultery about 18 years ago.
I've talked to my wife several times about this, but don't know what to do. She says she loves me but has no hope for ever being happy with me. She says that it is my fault, because I have not met her emotional needs over the years. She feels that this other guy is the only man to ever make her happy. When this first came up, I said I needed to move out, as I cannot live under these circumstances. She pleaded with me to stay, so I agreed. I am still at home. She is still in communication with this guy and is lying about it. All the usual things, deleted history, phone with a unknown password...
I believe they are also engaging in cybersex, as he lives in another state. The other guy is a pastor, and my wife says she is seeking God in this, but it sure doesn't look that way to me.
I have no idea what to do next. I have no intention of getting a divorce. I love her dearly, but it is quite a painful time right now.
Any advice on how to proceed!?
Thanks
HopefulbutConfused

Re: Yet another Internet problem

Postby ThunderHorse » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:48 am

There are two chapters in the Husband's Secrets book on listening to your wife. There are several thread in Communications on listing to your wife, and getting her to vent, maybe 15 minutes a day. "LISTENING STRATEGIES FOR MEN"

Post back with your difficulties in getting your wife to tell you her various illogical ideas, that occur in her mind.

Search 180 degree Divorce Busters, just change the way you dress or other habits, for hte sake of being different.

The preacher has probably had training in counseling, so he may have strong listening skills.

//
ThunderHorse

Return to Infidelity