emotional

emotional

Postby kbaby » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:06 am

About 4 years ago I had and 2 year long affair with a guy I had met at work. We were extremely close. The problem was we were both with someone else. I became pregnant and he then just disowned me after that. I even had to take him to court for my child and even though he knew my child was his he still asked for DNA testing. Now he gets to see the baby every other weekend and I really just miss my friend and our crazy Conversations. I want to talk to him bit he has since gotten married and I'm still married but my heart belongs to him
kbaby

Re: emotional

Postby ThunderHorse » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:50 am

kbaby wrote:About 4 years ago I had and 2 year long affair with a guy I had met at work. We were extremely close. The problem was we were both with someone else. I became pregnant and he then just disowned me after that. I even had to take him to court for my child and even though he knew my child was his he still asked for DNA testing. Now he gets to see the baby every other weekend and I really just miss my friend and our crazy Conversations. I want to talk to him bit he has since gotten married and I'm still married but my heart belongs to him

One of your options is to put more romance into your marriage. Many husbands do not spend the 15 minutes a day to encourage the wife to vent. Many husbands have let their wives know there are some subjects they don't want to hear about. "Crazy conversations" are one of the emotional needs for many women. You can refer to a thread under Communications titled: "LISTENING STRATEGIES FOR MEN." The Secrets of Happily Married Men book has two chapters on how men can listen to their wives, in encouraging tones. A goal for counseling could be for the husband and wife to develop strategies for better venting sessions.

Another thread under Communications is "COMPLIMENTS FOR WIVES". A wife does not have to wait for a husband to compliment her. We can all give ourselves compliments, and give the spouse a chance to agree with our compliment for ourselves. The spouse may get the idea of what kinds of compliments we might appreciate, or find encouraging, from the compliments we give ourselves.

There may be more things you can do to put more romance into your marriage.

THE SECRETS OF HAPPILY MARRIED WOMEN, HOW TO GET MORE OUT OF YOUR RELATIONSIP BY DOING LESS, 2008, BY Haltzman and DiGeronimo
Table of Contents:
1. Know Your Husband
2. Nurture His Needs - and Yours
3. Fight Better
4. Talk Less
5. Have Lots of Sex
6. Take Charge of Your Own Happiness
7. Heal Thyself

//
ThunderHorse

Return to Infidelity