my husband and his divorced female friend

my husband and his divorced female friend

Postby SEA » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:40 pm

My husband and I have been together for 8 years (married for 1 year). We have two children together. I love my husband very much and I know he loves me. At his former job my husband had a lot of female co-workers and became friends with many of them. It has never bothered me that he had female friends because I trusted him. He still has contact with his former colleagues and sometimes meets up with them. Until recently I had no problem with it. A few months ago one of his female friends got a divorce and started texting my husband regularly. She would tell him how sad and lonely she was and ask him to come out and party with her. One evening he told me he was going to meet up with a few of his former colleagues. I found out later that he was only meeting up with her. It hurt me deeply that he lied to me. He said he only lied so I wouldn't worry and suspect him of cheating. He said he knew it was wrong to do, but he did it anyway. If I hadn't found out about it I probably would still be thinking everything was just fine. I don't know if he cheated on me, but he sure lied to me. I'm very angry and I don't know if I can trust him again. Every time he is texting, I suspect he is making plans with her. His says he values his friendship with her and doesn't want to lose it. I don't know if I can ask him to end the friendship. I'm afraid he'll hate me for it later. But I'm going mad with jealousy and suspicion. I hate their friendship and I am afraid that their friendship will develop in to something more. I mean he already lied to me once (that I know). What should I do?
SEA

Re: my husband and his divorced female friend

Postby ryansteven » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:18 am

Sorry for that, i can feel your pain. It is necessary to open up with your hubby, if you think that he is in another relationship. Never lose your control and show him that you still trusted what he says. May be he is not dating her.
ryansteven

Return to Infidelity