Men ever consider counseling or seminar?

Men ever consider counseling or seminar?

Postby jvh » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:59 pm

I'm curious if men would ever consider going to marriage counseling or a seminar or something like that? I'm having some infidelity issues with my husband, and am just curious if other men have ever considered doing something like that?
jvh

Postby BushBabie » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:42 am

jvh,

Yes men do consider it and if your partner loves, cares and wants to continue in your union then he will gladly accept an invitation to marriage counseling.
BushBabie

Postby moc » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:25 am

jvh,
In the thick of my emotional affair over the Internet, of which my wife had no clue for months, I MAY have been open to marriage counseling. It eventually was my guilt that led me to wanting to come back to the marriage and want forgiveness. I know it would have been better if this was even offered by my wife as to my struggles with our situation.

Now, as my wife is going through a mid-life crisis, she does not even want to consider counseling with me. I have begged and pleaded with her but she refuses and says nothing is wrong with her (she is in the medical field herself and they make the worst patients). So it goes both ways really.

If men care about the union and committment and realize the heartfeltness, then they will accept the invitation to marriage counseling. This is especially if the counselor is truly covering both of your needs as Dr. Haltzman has written in his book
moc

Return to Infidelity