How to get over thoughts of ex having sex with others?

How to get over thoughts of ex having sex with others?

Postby Niru » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:11 am

I believe this is my main obstacle in getting over my ex girlfriend.

I can't get over these thoughts of her sleeping with someone else - anyone in particular, but mainly my ex best friend and other friends. She cheated on me with my best friend.

Anyways, yes, I don't want to bore you with my story..

The thing that hurts most is thoughts of her sleeping with someone else.

I honestly feel and think that, other than this, there is nothing else that is keeping me from getting over her and moving on.

How do I overcome this? Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated.
Niru

Postby ThunderHorse » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:48 pm

One path toward Forgetting is to forgive.

One path to foregiveness is to try to understand.

What are the memories that you wish to forget?

Do you wish to forget how you felt that you trusted her, and now you know that you were wrong to trust her?

Are all your otherwise pleasant memories of your ex-girlfriend soured by her secretly cheating on you?

Do you feel that you have been the victime of a weak willed woman?

Why did she cheat? If she had a ad character, should't you behappy to be rid of her?

Can you envision the type of a woman you desire?

Place an add on a singles board, describing the woman you wish to find. The add probably won't work, but your wording of the add will crate a focus of dsire for you.

What are all the things you did not like about your Ex-Girlfriend? What are the opposite characteristics you can list in your add?

I enjoy women with a good figure. But so do manyother men. I sometimes feel I should have looked for a less attractive woman, so that I would not have to be worried about her cheating on me.

Did you do your 15 minutes of listening a day? Have you offered to listen to her three times a day?

I have been doing better at getting ready for work earlier, so that if my wife wants to talk as I am going out the door, I can still be on time to work, if I stop to listen to my wife for 15 minutes.

What relationship building skills are you working on?

ThunderHorse

Return to Infidelity