I have never cheated, but wife has told everyone that I have

I have never cheated, but wife has told everyone that I have

Postby thrills50 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:29 pm

I have never cheated on my wife in 13 years of marriage, but she has told many of her friends and family that I have. The rumors have even made to some of my co-workers making for some awkward explanations. I don't like to speak ill of my wife, but I do have to label her a liar if I am to defend my reputation. Any way, I still love and and really do want to forgive her and put this episode behind me. The problem is that, as forgiving a person as I am by nature, this was such an unprovoked and unexplainable act on her part that I just don't know if I can. Anyone been in a similar situation?
thrills50

your reputation

Postby Scott Haltzman » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:47 am

It sounds like your wife has the problem. Do you maintain a policy of transparency with her? Can she read your email and texts?

Sometimes you have to juggle saving your reputation with saving your marriage. If she's mistaken, that's not quite the same as being a liar. Perhaps you can rethink how you defend yourself without having to put her down. For instance, if a boss accused you of not getting a report done on time, you can explain to people how he had not seen it on his desk, rather than explain to people that he is a bold faced liar. You get the idea.
Scott Haltzman

Return to Infidelity