Codes for Reducing Wife's Intensity, Changing Subjects

Codes for Reducing Wife's Intensity, Changing Subjects

Postby ThunderHorse » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:47 pm

Today, my wife was too intense about the fat content in foods, as I had 5 minutes to get out the door, and drive to work.

I need a code to hafve her agree to reduce her intensity. Not that she might not have been right, just that I did not have the tiem for an intense discussion.

I asked my wife to change the subject, by puttign my inger to my lips, signaling for her to be quiet. It worked to soem extnet, but not as smoothly or quicly, as would be ideal.

I had the code word RED as an agreement for when she was telling jokes that I felt were too personal for my sensitivities.

My wife is usally open to discuss codes. I just need to do it in advance of the awkward situation.
ThunderHorse

Postby Hremom » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:31 am

Instead of a code word, how about simply saying "Sweetie, I'd love to discuss this with you, but right now I don't have the time to focus on this subject."

Then tell her you love her and to remind you to return to the subject at a time when you can both relax and discuss it fully.

Works for me and my hubby, when either of us are getting too intense. :wink:
Hremom

Postby ladyroad » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:20 pm

My husband and I use different words for different things. If I'm pushing too hard and being annoying he says "rabbit". When he is acting likewise I say "muskrat". It works really well.

Let your wife pick hers and then pick one for yourself too. I'm sure there are times when she can't get into a heated discussion, but your still ready to burn the house down. :D
ladyroad

Return to Roles