Twice As Many Men With IQ's @ 120!!!

Twice As Many Men With IQ's @ 120!!!

Postby Patriarch Verlch » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:43 pm

http://education.independent.co.uk/high ... 024763.ece

With the knowledge, thanks to Kate Obeirn, "Women Who Make the World Worse" has stated that boys qualifying for advanced math between 8th grade and their Freshman year, outnumber girls 13 to 1.

http://www.nationalreview.com/interroga ... 290819.asp

Also those men with IQ's at 170 or higher, outnumber women 30 to 1.

So with that said. It's nice to empower women and all that. But men are bigger, stronger and have larger brains to boot. So why not empower fathers?

The Rooster rules the roost of Hens. There can only be one Rooster, there will be a fight to the death if another Rooster gets NEAR the hen house.

If one male lion ventures to close to a pride of lions, there is war. The reward of defending the pride of lions, which ensures the strongest breeds, is getting to eat first and all the sex you can handle!!

The same is true for man. You can't balance the power between the weakest and the stongest link! You can't have two captians of a ship, or two presidents of a country. Heck, you can't even have two head pastors of a church! Somebody needs to be in charge.

I have a simple idea for who rules the roost in the home. Is it the man, or the woman. A simple arm wrestling test should convey the answer. Whoever can win at arm wrestling, gets to rule the roost of the house!!!

Now, eternally women pretend they want to dominate the man. They act like they want a deep down effeminate man that crys and is a wimp. When in reality they want a man that can kick butt and protect the house and their children. This is whey they needle the man when they are getting to know him. They needle us alot these days because we can't back hand them open fisted without getting 9 months in teh slammer. So marriage is alot more mentally exhausting when dealing with women. It used to be we could end an argument with a look.

Nowadays it is semi legal for a woman to murder her husband. All she has to do is claim, as an expert eye witness, that he was violent! Studies show women are just as violent, just not as strong!

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=n ... ed+husband
Patriarch Verlch

Postby poetviolinist » Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:09 am

I'd like to discuss the idea that girls math scores in high school (roughly 9th through 12 grades) are lower than boys.

Just so I'm clear here, I taught high school math in the mid 1980's, so my background is a bit closer to the subject than most people's. At that time I was well aware of the fact that research indicated that girls did worse in math than boys at that age level. So while teaching at an all girls school in Chicago, I decided to put that idea to the test. For many reasons, the small private school did not have an advanced math program. So I simply took the senior year math class, accelerated it, and from about mid March to the end of the year I taught the girls Calculus, with the bias that they were just as good as students at any other school.

Long story made short, they were great. My little experiment provided some evidence that girls can be as good as boys at that age in math. In short, my view is that the problem is the adults, not the kids. It's been clear to me for two decades now that if we say girls are not as good as boys in high school math, that we are simply blaming the victim. I later taught math at an all boys school, and can vouch that there were no substantial differences, outside of the expectations.

So while it is true in general that boys at that age have higher test scores in math, the reason is that they are socialized that way, NOT because boys are somehow smarter or better at math than girls are. Any girl in that class could beat over 80% of the students in the USA in math (and most of the boys in the boys school I taught at later), and several of them went on to very prestigious universities, at least one is a university professor.

In short, a deeper analysis behind the data shows that it does not hold up under a cursory examination, and there is ample evidence to refute the claim that boys are superior to girls in math at the high school level. There is ample evidence to show that high school girls can do just as well as boys in math, and it is very strongly recommended that any reader seriously consider the evidence before making a claim about the abilities of girls and boys in high school math test scores.
poetviolinist

Postby ThunderHorse » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:14 pm

I think that high school teachers, textbook writers and college classes are geared more to a male learning perspective. Women have a more feeling perspective on things. I suspect that many women teachers are trained and teach in the male logic model.

So it is difficult to separate social biases.

But even if your data is correct to one extent or another, that men are superior to women by some measurable amount, in some aspects, pointing this out to women is not really a rolling with the situation flow enhancement. I mostly try to get along.

Your relations with women will likely not be improved by pointing out these kinds of research statistics. I don't think that waging war with women is the best path to peaceful coexistance.
Last edited by ThunderHorse on Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
ThunderHorse

Postby Patriarch Verlch » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:45 am

ThunderHorse wrote:I think that high school teachers, textbook writers and college classes are geared more to a male learning perspective. Women have a more feeling perspective on things. I suspect that many women teachers are trained and teach in the male logic model.

So it is difficult to separate social biases.

But even if your data is correct to one extent or another, that men are superior to women by some mearuable amouint, in some aspects, pointing this out to women is not really a rolling with the situation flow enhancement. I mostly try to get along.

Your relations with women will likely not be improved by pointing out these kinds of research statistics. I don't think that waging war with women is the best path to peaceful coexistance.

Well I don't think rolling over is the best method. That has already been tried and women simply just pushed and pushed and wanted more and more.

It's time to stand our ground and then women can try to find some common ground with us!
Patriarch Verlch

Not sure

Postby stigg » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:13 pm

Thunderhorse, I'm not sure the data would support your view of textbooks and college courses being more for a male learning mode, whereas women are more empathizy:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/09/educa ... yt&emc=rss

And some studies and papers showed that women tended to better in college at the state university level.
And, I'm not sure the OP is correctly interpreting data, or that it's entirely sound. O'Beirne already has a perspective, so it's not impossible that the data she would choose would just go one way.

On the 13-1 number, if that refers to male-female in 7th and 8th grade making over a 700 on the math section of the SAT, the number shrunk to 2.8-1 presently, so O'Beirne's statistics may be outdated.

http://www.awm-math.org/benbow_petition/background.html
stigg

Postby ThunderHorse » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:53 am

Dear Stigg,

Thank you for some updates on the statistics, showing that women are less under-represented than teh 13 to one ratio mentioned.

But getting a good math aptitude test score is different from getting good grades in collge. Women are generally better suited to academic studies than men. Men are more real-world problem solvers. Women, in my general observation are better at doing homework, and memorizing facts not related to real world problems.

So the first study that women are doing better in college than men is not really directly related to the idea that women are under-represented in the high score ranges of math aptitude tests. One question comes to mind, is what factors influence those individuals who get outstanding scores on math aptitude tests?

But I generally try to avoid one upsmanship, or bragging. Making others look less competent is a strong temptation for me. I am working to resist my urges.
ThunderHorse

Hmmm...

Postby stigg » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:00 pm

Well, I was just offering up data for claims.I don't think scoring high on a math test necessarily has a great deal to do with college coursework, but you said college courses were more suited to men and I was just offering up some info on the topic.

A recent GRE report suggests that females do have stronger study habits in general, which would support your thesis, but remember,the bulk of college coursework is writing papers and taking tests, not turning in homework on time, though it usually helps to keep up with reading and go to class and stuff. Usually papers or exams make up upwards of 60% of a final grade in a college course.

I don't know that "real world" fits into gender balance and sub-fields, usually more theoretical topics ranging from say political philosophy versus studying congress or international relations to theoretical physical chemistry to organic (or inorganic) biological chemistry, males tend to overpopulate females more in discussions behind the abstract ideas in modern liberalism or the mathematical principles behind hydrogen bonding. One could make the case quite easily that looking at economic development in the third world and working on metalloenzyme pathaways that have immediate effects in drug design are more "real world".

I definitely see what you're saying, and it had some truth to it, but usually this stuff is pretty complicated, and I try to recognize that.
For example, we will have probably have some major women in biomedical research, but much less so in say nanotechnology and computers.
stigg

Postby ThunderHorse » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:41 am

Testing of aptitudes and scholastic achievement usually do not have a scale for social skills. Connections and the savy to utilize the connections constructivley are major determinants of SUCCESS in the real world.

Communicaton skills, persuasion, empathy, trustworthiness, coherent sets of values, character, personal adaptability, keeping confidences, sharing key information, good judgement, ability to withstand undue pressure, ability to intimidate, and judgement in utilizing persuasion/intimidation are difficult to evaluate on a test.

Women have certain natural advantages, as do men.

The Government emphasis has been on the more easliy quantifiable skills and aptitudes, like math and reading. Maybe that is why the US Government is having trouble trying to build a successful nation in Iraq with bullets and bombs, torture and imprisonment, more policemen and informers.

ThunderHorse

Postby stigg » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:49 am

Not to get horribly technical, but I wasn't referring to the government, I was referring to a study on GRE results, the GRE is the grad school test, and it's administered by a private corporation.

Here is the exact paper, and they do actually have a category called communication skills.

http://www.ets.org/portal/site/ets/menu ... f95190RCRD

People can't directly assess those things, but I think that's what recommendation letters and character references are for, but hey there's personality inventories, and emotional intelligence tests for all of that.

Yes, there's a difference between success in school and real world problems, but I'm was more trying to assess claims more than make terribly sweeping judgements.

And, hey, in terms of the whole invasion of Iraq, some would argue the idea behind it was flawed to begin with.
stigg

Return to Roles