Coaching to the Higher Harmony

Coaching to the Higher Harmony

Postby ThunderHorse » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:46 pm

Sometimes I will respond to my wife's less than harmonius remarks with retorts, barbs or arguments.

Perhaps a different approach might be to find phrases to bring out her divine harmony.

My choices are the phrases I use.

MAYBE BEING PETTY:

1. How do you see this fits into God's plan?

2. Are you sure you are looking at all aspects of God's Plan?

3. How do you see human fallibility fitting into that picture?

4. How do you suppose various people fit into the Sanctity of the Universe?

5. Do you suppose that ther might be a gracious way to look at this situation?

6. How do you suppose God views human imperfection?

7. Is there some way we can find a connection with divine harmony in our circumstances here?

8. If God were to appear, how could we explain that we deserve the Grace of God under these circumstances?

9. Could you take a wider perspective to include more related aspects of the issue to find more harmony and good in the people who care about you?

10. So do you really believe that finding fault with those who love you is the best path to the happiness of your family?

MAYBE BEING SELF-DEPRICATING IN A REFUSAL:

11. You should reconsider to accept my offer to help our family, because it is gracious, radiant and beautiful to accept a gift with grace and honor.

FAILING TO LOOK FOR COMPROMISE:

12. Is there some way to look for some compromises that would bring honor to both of our points of view?

UNFAIR SHARE OF BLAME

13. Is there some way to re-evaluate the portion of blame you feel I deserve for this situation, to put me in a less dishonorable light?

end
ThunderHorse

Return to Roles