Just Think ABout It

Just Think ABout It

Postby Patriarch Verlch » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:33 am

Just think about all the arguments which could be avoided if wives still treated their husbands like father "always" knows best!

As long as a man is loyal to his family, follows the law, has a moral code, father does know best.

I believe the man is the head of the household.

Proof of that is in the bible.

Marriage is sanctioned by God the Father in the bible as a the most stable place to raise a family.

If a marriage wasn't a stable place to raise a family, then we wouldn't see so many problems with the offspring of single mothers. As it turns out boys from single parent households, 85% of which are headed by a single mother, account for 85% of all criminals in prison. We have 40 years of research to prove it.

http://www.mugu.com/cgi-bin/Upstream/Li ... index.html

http://www.tldm.org/News7/BibleOnMan'sAuthority.htm

I'm not Catholic, but that is what I believe. Think of all the marriages that could be saved if these biblical principles were followed.

Another aspect I think that would save marriages would be joint custody, the thought of it will usually make a woman want to work things out.

The eradication of no fault divorce would reduce divorces. Remember in 1970 when it was passed? Divorces shot up from 20% of all marriages to 40%, only to top off at above 50%.

Not allowing tax funded day care will also save marriages. The more women depend on men, the more families stay together.

Studies show that even bad fathers are better than no father.
Patriarch Verlch

Postby Patriarch Verlch » Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:17 pm

http://wiki.mensactivism.org/index.php/ ... ist_Quotes

Don't believe me that radical feminism has a war on marriage?

Look at their quotes. They appear to be leaving an impact judging by all the divorces. Only a hardened women without a soul would not want children grand children, and a husband to protect them.

Many women will lament the fact they chased a career, instead of a loving marriage. As many years have passed, they are now barren.

I'm under the firm conclusion that women that want to be homemakers should be able to be so, without the wrath of the sisterhood.

Ladiesagainstfeminism.com
Patriarch Verlch

Postby Hremom » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:08 pm

When my husband and I married the minister said "Your body now belongs to this woman. Do not do anything with it that will not honor her." He then turned to me and said "The man is the head of the household. Do nothing the head does not know about."

The first few years of our marriage I had to work to help make ends meet. I had jobs, not a career. I knew before I graduated high school that I was going to be a career Wife and Mother. After our first daughter was born I worked a part time job that allowed me to take her with me (I delivered papers to stores). When I got pregnant the second time I quit working and we cut back (no cable, no cell phones, no internet, etc.) so that I could stay home.

Two promotions and two more babies later (we have four girls ages 11,8,6 and 10 months) I am still a stay at home wife and mother. We still watch our pennies, though not as closely. When women say "You're so lucky" I tell them no, we worked hard and made hard choices so we can live this way. When women say "I'd be so bored staying at home" I tell them only if you chose to be.

But in all this, I am a feminist in the truest sense of the word. I believe that men and women are of equal intelligence and if they are working at the same job they deserve the same pay. I also believe that I was designed to be my husband's help-mate, not his servant. His work takes him out of the home, mine keeps me inside it`Neither of us could live this life style without the other. This works because he values my contributions as much as I value his

I truely believe that if more men valued the work a woman does to be a true "homemaker" and stay at home wife, more women would be willing to do it. Too often when a woman stops bringing in her own monitary contribution men see them as less important, valuable and there for "a dependant drain" on them. Am I depentant on my husband for income, yes, by choice. I chose to make him and our children the most important things in my life. If he didn't choose to honor me and make me feeled cherished for it you can bet I'd probably be a working mom.

And I agree with you on no fault divorce. It's made marriage disposable.
Hremom

Postby Patriarch Verlch » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:39 am

I just noticed you said you are a feminist. If that is the case, do you really know what feminists really stand for. You seem like a lovely woman, I do not think you realized just how anti family feminism really is. I think that by so many 10's of millions of women choosing to work, they have effected the economy so much, that no millions have to work. By women flooding the market, wages have gone down. Wages have not increased since 1970 when compared with inflation.

At the turn of the century only about 10% of women worked outside the home. Then it went to 1/3, now it is at 2/3 rds of all women, I believe the other 1/3 of non working women have wealthy husbands.

You can see what the bible says of the relationship between man and woman.

“Because you have done this,
you are cursed above all livestock,
and above every animal of the field.
On your belly you shall go,
and you shall eat dust all the days of your life.
3:15 I will put enmity between you and the woman,
and between your offspring and her offspring.
He will bruise your head,
and you will bruise his heel.â€
Patriarch Verlch

Postby Hremom » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:43 pm

I said I am a feminist in the true sense of the word, not the in sense of the radical N.O.W nag gang. They are an embarassment to women on the whole.

And you did not address what else I said, which is if more men valued what a woman does to be a true "homemaker" and stay at home mother more women would be willing to do it. Not only would they be willing, they would be happily doing it.
Hremom

Postby doncalypso » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:09 am

All I have to say about the topic at hand is that men and women are equal in terms of intrinsic value as human beings, and they ought to be equal under the law.

This being said, equal does not mean they're exactly the same, and people need to understand that we're physiologically and physically built differently, and we're psychologically hardwired differently.

I strongly believe that women are inherently better equipped for child-rearing (not that men can't do it, but women are psychologically and physiologically built specifically for that task) and that men are better suited (or rather naturally inclined) to be the provider in the home. There's nothing wrong with "traditional" gender roles so long as women's role in taking care of the home and the children is given proper credit and is not disrespected.

My problem with some women whose major goal in life is to be a career wife and mother is that a lot of those women depend on marriage and motherhood for a sense of identity---that is what bothers me. But I see nothing wrong with a woman devoting her full time and energy to taking care of her children, especially if it's a mutual understanding between her and her husband and he treats her with the utmost respect.
doncalypso

Postby Hremom » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:16 am

doncalypso, I agree totally with you. There are certain jobs that most women just are not physically suited for. On average we don't have the physical strength. And I do not believe that the physical fitness and ablity test for i.e. firemen, should be changed so that women can be in the department.

I am an intelligent adult who has chosen to be a full time wife and mother. I've seen women who have made the same choice treated like children by their husbands......put on an allowence, made to explain every dime spent on the household bills, made to check in with where they are and what they are doing, having the house inspected etc. I would not live like that.

My house is clean, my kids are clean, the bills are paid on time and we've agreed that neither of us spends over $100 without checking with the other first. It's not his money, it's ours. It's not his retirement account, it's ours. We are a team working together for our future. Dinners are home cooked and on the table by 6pm. We actually use table linens and napkins daily and both have been ironed. My kid's friends think we're "weird". :lol:

The radical feminist movement has done much to damage the lives of men, women and children in todays society. Many women today want to act like a man but be treated like a lady. It doesn't work that way! As a result, many men either don't know how or don't want to treat women like ladies who deserve respect and honor. To get respect you have to give it, a fact many man bashing feminist forget today.

I said that I am a feminist in the truest form of the word. In Websters it says "feminist: one who believes in the theory of the political, economic and social equlaity of the sexes." And that is what I believe. Men and women are or should be equal in those areas of life. That doesn't mean our roles in life are not vastly different.
Hremom

Postby doncalypso » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:30 am

Hremom,

Your husband is a lucky man to have a woman like you. If more women shared your perspective then it would go a long ways towards reducing that 50% divorce rate that has been plaguing North America for 30+ years.
doncalypso

Return to Roles