secrets of happily married women

secrets of happily married women

Postby Fionafudge » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:45 am

I read the book and now realise that that is why I was so unhappy in marriage. I would agree with many of the sentiments especially the last chapter. Women make their own happiness through their friends,being physically active,being involved with life and their spirituality. Their husband doesn't even come into the equation but takes the credit for it! However to keep him happy you have to do most of the housework without complaining and sexually tease your guy all day and be up for it whenever he is.

What I want to know is , what does the woman actually get out of marriage? Is it just to keep a guy while you bring up your kids?

Mine are grown now and I threw my ex out for playing around (he started playing around when I went through the menopause).

After reading the book it has put me off getting married again.

Do any other women feel like this?
Fionafudge

Re: secrets of happily married women

Postby Patrick717 » Tue May 15, 2012 1:18 pm

If it helps - I'm a man wondering what men (or me in this case) get out of being married.
Patrick717

Postby Scott Haltzman » Wed May 16, 2012 8:40 pm

I think people marry because they like the feeling of being loved, and they like the feeling that someone really loves them for who they are. When you find something that feels that special, you don't want to let it go, so you try to keep it permanent. I think the problem is that while the person is permanent (if you don't divorce) the feeling don't have the same lasting power unless you work at it. That's what I try to help people do: work at keeping the positivity alive.
Many people split because being alone seems better than having their partner by their side forever; After swearing "I'll never marry again," they often decide to when being with a "special" someone it feels better than when they are alone.
Scott Haltzman

Postby FloraS » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:17 am

As far as I can see, neither men nor women see no benefits in marriage. What's the point then?
FloraS

Return to Making Your Spouse Happy