Married woman, no kids, no job

Married woman, no kids, no job

Postby KalynJ » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:54 pm

I am a happily married 37 year old woman, no kids, no job. My husband and I have chosen not to have children, and we are both fine with me not working. I realize this is a rather unconventional way of living, but it works for us. I would like to know if there are any other couples who live this way. Also, how do you deal with people who look down on being a married woman, no kids, no job?
KalynJ

Postby Scott Haltzman » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:09 pm

Hi Kalyn,
I don't know whether you can access the video on this page:

http://www.mandjshow.com/videos/secrets ... ied-woman/

but it was a video of part one of a talk about the topic on the Fox-TV show called "The Morning Show with Mike and Juliet."

This was an interesting experience for me, because the tenor of the audience was that they looked down on individual women who chose to not work, and looked down on me for speaking in support of these women. On the other hand, I got many emails that supported your situation, and felt that people who judged stay-at-home wives just don't get it.
The bottom line: There are many people who choose to live your lifestyle. If you're happy with it, then that's what counts.

BTW, let me know if you can't access this video, there may be other ways to see it.

Scott
Scott Haltzman

Could not access video

Postby KalynJ » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:46 pm

This is fabulous! It's good to know there are other women out there like me. Unfortunately, I have never met one of these women. I have seen many "dual income no kids" marriages, but never anything about being married with no children AND no job. I would really like to see the video.
Thank you very much!
KalynJ

Postby AbagayleLee » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:49 pm

I've been married 10 years and now have a toddler and an infant, but back when we had only been married a couple of years I quit working a super stressful job and stayed at home full time. I had a job, it was caring for my husband and making our house a home and if someone asked me what I did, I told them just that. Our marriage greatly improved when I became a full time wife as opposed when I had a job that was stressful.
AbagayleLee

Postby Hremom » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:22 pm

We have four kids now, but for the first three years of our marriage I was a stay at home wife with no kidlets. I met a few, but not many women doing the same. Funny, those of us who were devoted to our stay at home lifestyle all seemed happier.

How did I deal with women who looked down on me? I looked them in the eye and said with a smile "It works for us" or "Different strokes for different folks."

My point? You do what makes you and your hubby happy. Who cares what anyone else thinks? After all the divorce rate in this country should tell us something isn't working with our two income families and throw away lifestyles! I don't know why you chose the road of no kids and stay at home wife, but I know why I stay home and it isn't because I'm lazy. My hubby could not work at his current career if I didn't stay home with our kids. And we'd have rarely seen each other if I'd worked those first few years.

Hope that helps.
Hremom

Return to Making Your Spouse Happy