Encouraging Words for Husbands

Encouraging Words for Husbands

Postby ThunderHorse » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:44 am

Praise and compliments for Husbands can be part of Encouragement for Husbands, but additional Encouraging words may also be valuable to some husbands, at some times.

One concept is servitude. For jobs or businesses, men often need to follow the wishes of others, to keep a job, or acquire or maintain a business client. Many men like to think of themselves as independent, even free-spirited. So it is a challenge, at times, for a man to bury his personal opinions, and follow decisions made by others, as if he were a servant.

Being a servant to God is another form of subjugation of will. There are times when a man needs strength to do the right thing. So words recognizing the difficulties a man overcomes to follow the will of others, can be an encouragement. Avoiding the temptation to take a short cut that may skirt a law or regulation, is another form of servitude, that men face, to keep the society strong. Search Encouraging, inspiring words for your husband.

Also, Husbands may benefit from understanding the concepts that would be encouraging to themselves. Often, my wife will not think of encouraging concepts, but when I ask her for encouragement for an issue, my wife is usually glad to be encouraging. There is the idea, that my wife should already know what will be encouraging for me, and that I should not have to tell her, what she should think of, for herself. But I benefit from encouraging words, whoever thinks of the ideas. Who better to know what will be encouraging for me, than Me, myself. So I am making a habit to review concepts for which I might benefit from encouraging words, and letting my wife now what would be encouraging for me, at a quiet moment. Maybe even at prayer time.

//
ThunderHorse

Re: Encouraging Words for Husbands

Postby ThunderHorse » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:57 pm

Cycles of Changes in Feelings and attitudes:

Event

approach/attitude Feelings

Evaluation

It can be important to distinguish between Observations, Feelings, Needs, Demands and Requests.

Misunderstandings can occur, ands sometimes clarity in communications can help improve inspiration.

//
ThunderHorse

Postby socialdistortion » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:27 pm

Hello Thunderhorse,

If you make a list of encouraging words for husbands, I would be happy to read, review, analyze and categorize your list at no additional cost.

Social Distortion
socialdistortion

Postby ThunderHorse » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:42 am

Wife's Hand on my Shoulder
Husband can ask: "Give me some De-clutter/organizing energy/thoughts/prayers"

Encouragement from a wife can be more about attitude, than about the words used.
ThunderHorse

Return to Communication