Reversing Rejections

Reversing Rejections

Postby ThunderHorse » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:09 am

There are several assumptions in the title of this thread.

There are several assumptions in the title of this thread.

One is that my presentations of ideas or requests to my family members, and others, sometimes encounters a rejection.

I am sometimes blocked for re-presenting a request, by the idea that, "I have already asked her, and I did not get the response I wanted, so that is settled."

Another implicit assumption in the thread title is that my first presentation of an idea or request may not have been perfect, and may have been, in some part, a reason for the rejection. So one objective of this thread is to come up with transition concepts, for discussing the initial request and rejection, with some new or modified approach. May be just a passage of time, "I want to let you know, that I have accepted your rejection of some days, (Weeks or Months) ago, but that I am still interested in ________, so I am raising the issue again, to wee if we can approach any compromise. Is this an OK time to talk about ______, or would later be better?

Meditation may be one path toward finding an approach and words or phrases to plan a request for reconsideration of a rejection.

Implicit in the concepts in the Secrets books is that there are roads and avenues that we are overlooking in our relationships.

Meditation questions:

1. What words or phrases did I use in the past? What different words or phrases might better gain acceptance of my request?

2. What are the motivations that I appealed to in the past, and what additional motivations could be added as additional incentives to gain acceptance of my request?

3. What baby steps can be conceptualized, so that a compromise can be discussed, or advocated?

4. What am I withholding that might apply in this situation, for which I can demonstrate a spirit of cooperation and compromise?

5. What values of this individual involved am I overlooking, for which I could better give recognition, that may lay some groundwork for re-consideration of my request?

ThunderHorse

Postby ThunderHorse » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:45 pm

There is a question of my attitude, for a re-approach from a rejction by my sie.

My attitude is too often hurt by the intial rejection, so I need to change my attitued from ahurt little boy, to something more enticing.

I know you want to enjoy laughter again, so why don't we look at the issue from the stand point of ......

I know you enjoy ......, so let me try to explain the circumstnaces from a different angls, so you can ee how YOUR enjoyment can pay off by .....

I am not rtying to make you uncomfortable, but it sees we should be albe to find a point of view on these issues, so that you can see yhou are benefiting, and I am searching for a win win situation, where you are a winner and a happy wife.

ThunderHorse

Return to Communication