Postby ThunderHorse » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:50 pm

Parenting compliments:

1. Wise Parent.

2. Nurturing Parent.

3. Supportive parent.

4. Challenging for excellence.

5. Challenging for family honor.

6. Encouraging parent.

7. Good Effort in holding the line for good limits.
ThunderHorse

Postby socialdistortion » Sun May 08, 2011 1:00 pm

Dear Thunderhorse,

As an Experimental Cognitive Psychologist I have read, reviewed, analyzed and categorized your suggested compliments. I have done this in an effort to help men elicit the desired response from their partners. Please feel free to offer any additional categories you might feel helpful.

Please note- these are in no particular order:

Compliments guaranteed to make your wife feel fat-

Your legs are curvy.

That accentuates your figure

Compliments that will likely get you sex-

That shows you are very caring.

Enjoyable, pleasing, calming, quieting,

Your touch is energizing.

You have such good timing.

Compliments that will make her go back inside and change her clothes-

Your clothes are fashionable.

The colors of your clothes accent your dignity and command respect.

Designer Styling.

Fashion Brand name.

European styling.

Paris springtime design.

Your make-up/hair style makes you look glamorous.

Mismatched, it is "Trendy, modern, up with the times."

Compliments that will make her feel smart, even if she it not-

Your insights are wonderful.

Good Analytical skills

Those ideas seem solution oriented.

Your ideas are fascinating.

We don't want to overlook that!

It is a pleasure to watch your intelligence seek opportunities for improving things for the family.

Words nobody even uses anymore-

Tantalizing, scrumptious, Tasty.

Glamorous Life

Glamorous styling

Nail salon styling.

Effervescent.

Compliments that will guarantee you will NOT be having sex tonight-

You are certainly trying to be considerate.

Today, I deserve some rewards because of my efforts to....

"You are making good progress in your more expansive spiritual understanding, and attending church meetings has probably helped in your progress."

I see your thoughts turning into action plans, as you organize the kitchen and living room.

Compliments that are just odd-

Your relaxing and tightening your muscles sends me Love.

Your ideas are bubbling up so nicely in your expressions of ideas to me. I can see your intelligence processing information to think of ideas for improvements and solutions.

Radiant forehead.

Your walking and Aerobic exercises show in your lungs filling, your chest expansion, and energy fields

Compliments that might even get you a blow job-

Your presence is amazing.

Your appreciation makes me feel like finding ways to do more for you.

Compliments that will make your wife think you are a loser-

You are so good at keeping things organized. I wish I had the habit to hang up my coat every time I go in and out, instead of leaving my coat in a convenient, empty chair.

You have a good vision for keeping the home looking organized and neat. I should do better at keeping the possessions I consider important, to be in an agreed-upon area, for my stuff.

Compliments that are basically safe-

That idea is right on time. Good timing.

You have good intuition to know when to suggest that.

I am so glad you thought of that now. Later on might have been too late.

That is an important point, and I will jot it on my calendar so I don't forget it.

Good at communicating our expectations for our children.

Best,

Social Distortion
socialdistortion

I love it!!

Postby matthewk » Fri May 27, 2011 5:54 pm

This cracked me -- and I took notes!
matthewk

Postby socialdistortion » Sat May 28, 2011 9:51 pm

Matthewk wrote-

-- and I took notes!

Dear Matthewk,

From which category? Did it work?

from,

Social Distortion
socialdistortion

re: What cracked me up?

Postby matthewk » Tue May 31, 2011 3:05 pm

I guess the categories (like what would elicit a BJ).

I would love it if these things really worked (not saying they do or don't). My wife is MUCH less effected by phrases I utter so much as what I actually do. After 25 years, she's heard it all and has pretty much formed oppinions of how things are and how I AM (as if it were rigid).

I, along with many other husbands, are always in search of such holy grail -- such easy keys to the kingdom. Whether it be a potent phrase or some pheremone-laced cologne, some way to gain easier leverage to our wives hearts (and even perhaps her bed).

I still do appreciate such insight, and remain open to it. Just yesterday I was reading through a Men's Health article that was a distillation of 3000 inviews with women about what moved them sexually. The article summarized the responses into 40 tips. Quite an interesting read, much of it was fairly intuitive, but still if our wives were so simply moved by these 40 tips, or your phrases for that matter. I guess the main point behind my diatribe is that typically the impedence is far more significant based on years of interrelating. These tips might add a little juice but we still need to get the huge, imposing STONE door to open.

Mixed metaphores aside, you get my point. I'll still try them any way! :wink:

Matthew
matthewk

Postby socialdistortion » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:30 pm

Dear Matthew K,

I think you are in a difficult situation and commend you on staying loyal and seeking advice. I have followed your other post and have one question for you; do you think she is disinterested in sex because how she feels about you or how she feels about herself? A recent article by Orbuch focuses on how a negative body image can decrease or negate sexual desire http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-terri- ... 37530.html While the problem is the same, the solution would be so very different.

Sincerely,

Social Distortion

PS- Just to make this perfectly clear, the compliments are written and suggested entirely by Thunderhorse. I just categorized them for my own amusement (I only liked two of them).
socialdistortion

socialdistortion

Postby elizacol » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:19 am

I haven't been to this forum in months and after reading your categories, I'm glad I stopped by.

Quite entertaining and brought me a much needed laugh! You have talent!
elizacol

Re: Compliments for Wives

Postby ThunderHorse » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:36 am

One type of compliment could have the objective of giving a woman the sense that she is attractive, in a magnetic sense. A man can feel drawn to a particular woman, because of her particular attributes. A woman likes to feel that her husband finds her irresistible, mesmerizing, enchanting. So one type of compliment can be to give the woman the idea that she is generally attractive, to all people, to all lovers of women, to all men, or to you personally.

"That dress accentuates your figure, in a way that I am really drawn to you."

Another type of compliment is to contradict, or disagree, with a woman, who makes a self-critical comment. "This dress makes me look terrible!"

I generally try to agree with my wife's comments, so I need to be alert for those times when my wife's comments are actually a test of my finding ways to compliment my wife, by disagreeing with her self-criticism.

"Honey, you look good in any dress."

//
ThunderHorse

Postby ThunderHorse » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:49 am

More Compliments, maybe specialized situations:

Raucous, Slinky, Killer, Pirate Look,

Outstanding, seductive, Discriminating, Accentuates your individuality,

Shows real dedication to the Occult. Stands Out!.

Accentuates your features. Irresistable. Cataclismic, Nothing short of an earthquake.

Very Touch-Feely. Very caressable. Smoking Hot. Unlimited decorations. Knarly.

Fits your moves. Your Alluring attitude comes through.

Very respectfully religiously conservative dress, makes me feel you are keeping in mind our marriage vows.

//
ThunderHorse

Postby ThunderHorse » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:40 am

Approaches and attitudes can be part of the context for compliments.

Pleasant, courteous, considerate, congenial, cordial, peaceful, goodwill, understanding, respect, kindness, compassion, are attitudes to project, request and foster.

The Win-Win approach can create the ideas of how each partner is helping the other, feel like a winner.

Asking for more, can be an opportunity for finding ways of giving more.

//
ThunderHorse

Postby ThunderHorse » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:59 am

Logic and reality may be less relevant. What is important, is your ability to Admire your wife. Can you increase the time/circumstances , during which you are giving your wife admiring looks/thoughts?

Admire her curves. Admire her thinking. Admire her past actions.

Admiration is being in the moment, of transmitting the ideas of Admiration to her. But in the moment, you can include past and future concepts of Love.

Admiration may be the best compliment. Admiration can be stretched over minutes and hours.

It may be difficult to believe that Admiration is important to a wife, because most wives don't ask for Admiration directly. Also, may wives overlook opportunities to express Admiration for their husbands. But giving your wife an admiring look, may be an important building block of Romantic love.
ThunderHorse

Previous

Return to Communication