New Hampshire therapists? And stuff

New Hampshire therapists? And stuff

Postby gfsculpt » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:38 pm

Hi folks new to the board. I am looking for a therapist in New Hampshire. My wife and I have been married for ten years and together as a couple for twenty. For the last year to 18 months we have been having problems. Me with deep depression, and anger problems, plus my wife withholding sex for over a year, which brought on some of the anger. So I’m being because she needs the space and is feels she is afraid of me. She does want to work on the marriage and go back to counseling but I don’t want to go back to our old therapist. She is totally a perfect example of what the doc describes in his book. So I would like to find someone who has our needs at heart. Any ideas or recommendations.

Tough times in NH.
Thanks
gfsculpt

Re: New Hampshire therapists? And stuff

Postby ThunderHorse » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:08 am

gfsculpt wrote:Hi folks new to the board. I am looking for a therapist in New Hampshire. My wife and I have been married for ten years and together as a couple for twenty. For the last year to 18 months we have been having problems. Me with deep depression, and anger problems, plus my wife withholding sex for over a year, which brought on some of the anger. So I’m being because she needs the space and is feels she is afraid of me. She does want to work on the marriage and go back to counseling but I don’t want to go back to our old therapist. She is totally a perfect example of what the doc describes in his book. So I would like to find someone who has our needs at heart. Any ideas or recommendations.

Tough times in NH.
Thanks

What did you not like about hour last mariaage counselor?

What suggestions did the counselor suggest you change?

What suggestions did you try?

Which suggestions worked or failed?

What suggestions are left that you or your wife have not yet tried?

What did your wife tell you she did not like about your last counselor?

What would you like your wife to change?

How are your listening skills doing? Unconditional for 15 Min a day? Cha 4 and 8?

What comments have you made to your wife lately, that have come accross as criticism instead of compliments?

What compiments could you use more frequently?

What can you change to show your wife you are responding to her concerns or wishes? More respnsivley?

ThunderHorse

Therapist

Postby Scott Haltzman » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:54 am

Thank for taking the time to read my book, G.F.
I usually recommend folks go to www.MarriageFriendlyTherapists.com for help finding marriage friendly therapists in your area. Also, check out the resources page on www.SmartMarriages.com for some help for marriage educators or therapists in your area.
Scott Haltzman

Return to Therapy