Son not Paying Full Rent

Son not Paying Full Rent

Postby ThunderHorse » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:47 am

1. How can that activity lead to a source of additional income?

2. That seems to be building connections, with other young men, anyone have some connections that might lead to some income?

3. Did you have some plans for some phone calls on your next weekday off, that might lead to more income.

4. Did you have some plans for phone calls on your next weekend day off, that might lead to some income?

5. What are some other young men doing on a part time basis that is giving extra income?

6. Are there any full-time jobs, with medical insurance, for which you might have an edge, if you took the time to modify and submit a resume?

7. Any leads or ideas for part-time work on the weekends?

8. Any certificates that you could get, that might lead to a better chance to get more income?

//
ThunderHorse

Postby ThunderHorse » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:59 am

Spouses may become impatient with under-achieving offspring,

Hope and support are two options for attitudes for a couple dealing with adult children who are under-achieving.

Prayers spoken aloud when spouses are together, may be one way to coordinate hpe and suport for the youngster. I left off the religious connotations, in a sectarian style, so that the religious terminology can be applied to a wide range of beliefs about God.

IDEAS ON PRAYERS

1. For benefit from counseling sessions.

2. Luck in findng a better job.

3. Success in Job interview answers/pitches.

4. Overcoming blocks of opinions that could limit job options.

5. Wisdom in searching the Internet for jobs, search terms, key words.

6. Luck in asking friends for suggestions on employment.

7. Recognizing and cultivating support relationships for the rigors of diligent job searching.

8. Prayers for the economy to improve in the trarget job sector.

9. Alertness to part-time work available during hours usually spent in recreation.

10 Recognizing low-pay job opportunities, that can lead to better paying jobs.

//
Last edited by ThunderHorse on Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
ThunderHorse

Postby socialdistortion » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:18 pm

Dear Thunderhorse,

I read your post about under achieving children. In Haltzman’s book, The Secrets of Happy Families: Eight Keys to Building a Lifetime of Connection and Contentment, he talks our expectations of our children. He discusses how our desires for our children and what our children desire can differ. For example, he states how we might want our children to play the piano, they might want to play the drums…we want them to play tennis, they want to skateboard. I think his main point is that some of us are going to get the tennis-playing model children and some of us are going to end up with those derelict, skateboarding kids (who will probably grow up to be antisocial, authority-complexed skateboarding adults). I walk away with the message that we, as parents, need to see past the ‘under achieving skateboarding tendencies’ in our children and focus on their positive qualities and what they can contribute. I support your call for patience, hope and support in dealing with these issues.

Best,

Social Distortion
socialdistortion

Postby ThunderHorse » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:27 am

If the Western economy was better, there would be more nitches for unique sets of interests/motivagtions to fit into some job. With the range of unique jobs limited, those needing unique jobs, will be under-employed longer.

I am trying to avoid using a cookie cutter of my ideas of work, to set a course for success. I am rather trying to formulate questions that will lead to the chance or an increase in earnings, or capacities for earnings.
ThunderHorse

Postby socialdistortion » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:41 pm

Dear Thunderhorse,

What?

Social D.
socialdistortion

Return to Communication