Standing for Fidelity

Standing for Fidelity

Postby ThunderHorse » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:15 pm

Not all of my friends are married, and not all my married friends follow the principles of monogamy.

I have had some awkward moments, when I have been thinking in terms of being faithful, and some of the guys are talking about having fun outside the boundaries of marriage.

I should have started a thread like this some years ago, and I don't really have clear guidelnes for the task of creating a separate position of fidelity, for myself, while firends or aquaintences discuss the concepts of extra-marital fun.

I am not trying to throw a wet blanket on their adventures, but I need to strike a balance that disincludes myself in seeking joy through those extra-marital activities.

I have sometimes avoided contact with men who might be advocating extra-marital adventures. I may also avoid discussions of issues of extra-marital exploits. Maybe this has been discussed under Infidelity, but it seem lke mor of a role building issue, not directly related to the complications of infidelity.

I may try to come up with some stock phrases to make a statment of differences less confrontational. I personally have a tendency to be oppositional, so disagreeing is not a problem; but finding ways to smooth over the differences is a challenge for me.

ThunderHorse

Postby socialdistortion » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:40 pm

Dear Thunderhorse,

A new thread on fidelity in marriage? Great idea. I am with you on this one. My only concern is how many people will be so distressed by the faithfulness of their spouse that they will find our postings and comment on them? I think our new thread might end right here.

Maybe we can start a new post on couples whose sexual partner is just too good…

Soical D.
socialdistortion

Postby ThunderHorse » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:07 am

The concept of a wife as an excellent sexual partner gives me the idea for a phrase, "Well I sometimes envision appreciating the attributes of other women, but I feel my wife puts some effort into trying to give me joy, so I am more focused on showing my wife I appreciate her efforts to give me happiness. One way I try to show my appreciation for my wife's efforts in ecstacy is to give her a feeling of my fidelity for her."

//
ThunderHorse

Postby socialdistortion » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:27 am

Dear Thunderhorse,

Did you ever think of writing greeting cards for a living?

-Social Distortion
socialdistortion

I love that!

Postby sussana » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:21 am

ThunderHorse wrote:The concept of a wife as an excellent sexual partner gives me the idea for a phrase, "Well I sometimes envision appreciating the attributes of other women, but I feel my wife puts some effort into trying to give me joy, so I am more focused on showing my wife I appreciate her efforts to give me happiness. One way I try to show my appreciation for my wife's efforts in ecstacy is to give her a feeling of my fidelity for her."

//

Like social d said, you ought to write greeting cards. I almost cried reading that!

"give her a feeling of my fidelity for her."

What I am going through right now, I'd find that part erotic if my husband said it. Not saying he's being an infidel, just unfaithful... if that makes sense.
sussana

Re: Standing for Fidelity

Postby sussana » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:25 am

ThunderHorse wrote:Not all of my friends are married, and not all my married friends follow the principles of monogamy.

I have had some awkward moments, when I have been thinking in terms of being faithful, and some of the guys are talking about having fun outside the boundaries of marriage.

I should have started a thread like this some years ago, and I don't really have clear guidelnes for the task of creating a separate position of fidelity, for myself, while firends or aquaintences discuss the concepts of extra-marital fun.

I am not trying to throw a wet blanket on their adventures, but I need to strike a balance that disincludes myself in seeking joy through those extra-marital activities.

I have sometimes avoided contact with men who might be advocating extra-marital adventures. I may also avoid discussions of issues of extra-marital exploits. Maybe this has been discussed under Infidelity, but it seem lke mor of a role building issue, not directly related to the complications of infidelity.

I may try to come up with some stock phrases to make a statment of differences less confrontational. I personally have a tendency to be oppositional, so disagreeing is not a problem; but finding ways to smooth over the differences is a challenge for me.

I'd love to talk about this!
I see the people around me being totally accepting of adulterers. When did scorning the scarlet letter become taboo?
Why does everyone enable them? Why don't more people Stand for fidelity!
Worse, why is the person who stands up for themselves -demanding respect for their marriage, -demanding fidelity, now the bad guy?
sussana

Postby wosty » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:28 pm

thanks for good information!)
wosty

Return to Roles