Don't want to end up as just roommates

Don't want to end up as just roommates

Postby MarriedAndTryingHard » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:07 pm

Here's a question for the other married guys out there, because I'm wondering if I am alone.

My biggest fear in my marriage is not that my wife and I will separate, but that we will stay together without having an extraordinary relationship til death do us part. In other words, my fear is us ending up as roommates.

What’s your biggest fear when it comes to any problems in your marriage?

What worries you about your marriage? In other words what are you afraid will happen if you don’t do something to fix your problems?
MarriedAndTryingHard

Need help to finding some information about site owner..

Postby Ralakagreewax » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:37 am

Hi there, I'm newbie, could you help me to find some information about owner
of these site: http://narodnoeavto.com ?

Thank You!
Ralakagreewax

Postby barwitch » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:47 pm

Dear Married and Trying Hard,

Why do you feel that you and your wife will have an uneventful life until death do you part? What
are the problems in your marriage right now that you feel would lead to this life? How long have to two
of you been married? Is either of you boring people and had a boring courtship that would lead you to
believe that the rest of your life will be boring? You ask for suggestions but don’t let us know what your
biggest fears are.

You need to make marriage your #1 job! Just as you would with work you need to participate in long
range planning and active listening to your partner. The number one goal in marriage is to make your
spouse happy. Tell your wife what makes you happy; let her see the world through your eyes. Then, do
the same with her. Get to really know each other’s likes, what makes the two of you truly happy and
then build a wonderful, eventful life from those things. Do the little things in life that she likes and make
her happy, don’t forget them!

After taking that time, build off of those things to add a little bit of excitement to everyday life. If she
likes flowers, plant her a garden of her favorite flowers, then that is there for the two of you to enjoy for
a long time. Your wife will then in turn try to do little things that please you and make you happy. It’s
not about skydiving and going for hot air balloon rides every day, that stuff is for the movies!!! It’s the
little things in life that will build to one big happy adventure.

Try giving Dr. Scott’s “The Secret of Happily Married Men,” and see if that helps. Good luck!
barwitch

Return to Making Your Spouse Happy