My Wife Says I'm Not Emotionally There...

My Wife Says I'm Not Emotionally There...

Postby lesalvato » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:40 am

I've been married to my wife for 2 years this november. We've had struggles the entire time and mostly because when she has something bothering her she would rather talk to her mom than me about it and when we do talk about it the problem is never resolved, she ends it by getting too mad and saying shes done talking about it. I've been told numerous time im not emotionally there by her. She has very bad anger problems and will try to hit me and even woke me up hitting me one night. and if i try to put an arm out to just solely keep her off of me and with no harm to her she'll say im raising my arm to her and than tell me to stop pushing her when all im doing is keeping her off of me. she told her mom yesterday that she thinks she's so unhappy and she thinks she's done trying and the only reason shes still here is because she feels guilty. i confronted her about it and she said she didnt mean it and she really loves me and wants to make it work. i get her anything and everything she wants to make her life enjoyable. she works at a tanning salon just to keep busy and get out of the house and besides that i take care of everything. i just dont know what to do.... keep trying to make this work or call it quits, from the feel of it she already wants to truthfully.
lesalvato

Re: My Wife Says I'm Not Emotionally There...

Postby ThunderHorse » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:05 pm

Your wife is abusive, so you need to be aware of avoiding unintentionally rewarding her abusive behavior.

Under Communication there is a thread, "My Wife is Hyper Critical, Please Help" The ideas of Suzette Elginon Verbal abvuse are discussed.

It sound like you are listening to your wife in a Male perspective, which is provblem solving. Women need to vent, which is not related to provblems solving. There is a thread under Communications, "Listening strategies for Men" and two chapers in the Men's Secrets books.

//
ThunderHorse

Return to Therapy