Additiction from your book

Additiction from your book

Postby mmiller » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:44 pm

Good Afternoon Scott- I listened to your seminar last night with Ann and you mentioned something in your book about the addiction part of the brain. I had an affair which has since been discovered and we are doing our best to work through our issues together. My wife and I have discussed the issues over and over again and I have come to the realization that I do have an addictive personality, but when I want to end this addiction to what I am doing I am able to stop it dead cold. I was caught up in a gambling frenzy was I was younger until I realized I was doing nothing but harm and I decided I would quit doing that and set my mind to it and stopped. Same with smoking cigarettes which my wife asked me to do before we got married and I quit cold turkey, the day after she asked me to do it. Now I am not saying I was addicted to an affair but I have told my wife this was a horrible thing I did and was caught up in it but I will never do anything like that again to hurt her or my family again. Her question is obvious how do I know that is true and I can only relate it to the fact that when I hit that low point in the other things I mentioned I put my mind to it and stopped altogether. I want nothing more than to be with my wife forever and tried to explain it in that manner but wasn't making sense to her. Is there a better way to explain myself to show what I mean.
mmiller

Re: Additiction from your book

Postby ThunderHorse » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:33 pm

To M Miller

Do more listening.

Keep your answers short, and be understanding of your wife's doubts.

//
ThunderHorse

Return to Infidelity