Are most highly successful career women unmarried?

Are most highly successful career women unmarried?

Postby stigg » Tue May 23, 2006 7:48 pm

My sister is a mechanical engineer in R&D at a big company, and although in her early-40s, she hasn't married. Many people point out that marriage benefits women financially, and in most cases it probably does. However, when I look at most of the highly successful women who are on top of their field--they are either single or divorced. When people talk about benefits of marriage for women, they almost always bring up financial benefits, but is marriage truly beneficial for high-earning on-top women? It seems like the answer is, "No."
stigg

can only speak for myself

Postby olderReachingForWiser » Thu May 25, 2006 10:12 am

I can say for my situation, marriage is definitely NOT financially advantageous.
I am the main breadwinner in our marriage (I am a programmer), and by a very wide margin.
My financial situation was much healthier before I married - and I knew damn well that getting married would mean not a financial advantage, but an actual financial burden for me. And so it has been. I went into the marriage knowing this would be the case. Marriage is about so much more than $$$ for both of us. As a matter of fact, we have never argued about money at all - that part of the relationship has always been clear and stable.
olderReachingForWiser

Outside of money

Postby stigg » Thu May 25, 2006 10:21 am

Well I don't just mean in dollar terms, but general career success. I mean if you're a young women who has the potential to be a leader, a Fortune 500 CEO, a top scholar/researcher, etc. maybe it wouldn't be great to get married. (The finances stuff was just mentioned because I often read that marriage benefits women financially).
stigg

Re: Outside of money

Postby Patriarch Verlch » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:21 am

stigg wrote:Well I don't just mean in dollar terms, but general career success. I mean if you're a young women who has the potential to be a leader, a Fortune 500 CEO, a top scholar/researcher, etc. maybe it wouldn't be great to get married. (The finances stuff was just mentioned because I often read that marriage benefits women financially).

Successful women never marrey down, always up. Not only does the divorce rate improve when said woman is successful, potential for divorce increases when women are educated.

This is why successful men marry down, the maid, the secretary. Somebody that will let them be the man of the house, and not argue with them night and day about hard to follow arguments.

The problem lies with the sexual revolution, womens ability to attract unlimited sexual partners without the bounds of marriage. This drives down mens willingness to stay and father children, as a womans chastity is the corner stone of marriage. A man doesn't want, or need, or psychologically need, to be 1. a sperm donor whose only contribution to his exit from the family is monetary 2. Raising another sperm donors children, unbeknownced to him.

Women are able to get knocked up, then they look for the man responsible and get a court order to confiscate his wages, if they are so lucky. Then the tax payer, which subsidises 700,000 out of wedlock children a year, is forced to pay for another one.

Remember 85% of criminals in prison, come from broken homes, where it is predominantly single mother households.

Feminism, womans empowerment, has done nothing but use women to destroy traditional America. The Patriarchy. Look around the world and find me one matriarchy that is a success. Haiti is a good place to start looking. Women are sexually liberated, having children from several different men, and there isn't a man on the island inspired to care for them. The government has no money to be able to enforce child support.
Patriarch Verlch

Postby doncalypso » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:07 pm

Patriarch Verlch wrote:
stigg wrote:Well I don't just mean in dollar terms, but general career success. I mean if you're a young women who has the potential to be a leader, a Fortune 500 CEO, a top scholar/researcher, etc. maybe it wouldn't be great to get married. (The finances stuff was just mentioned because I often read that marriage benefits women financially).

Successful women never marrey down, always up. Not only does the divorce rate improve when said woman is successful, potential for divorce increases when women are educated.

This is why successful men marry down, the maid, the secretary. Somebody that will let them be the man of the house, and not argue with them night and day about hard to follow arguments.

The problem lies with the sexual revolution, womens ability to attract unlimited sexual partners without the bounds of marriage. This drives down mens willingness to stay and father children, as a womans chastity is the corner stone of marriage. A man doesn't want, or need, or psychologically need, to be 1. a sperm donor whose only contribution to his exit from the family is monetary 2. Raising another sperm donors children, unbeknownced to him.

Women are able to get knocked up, then they look for the man responsible and get a court order to confiscate his wages, if they are so lucky. Then the tax payer, which subsidises 700,000 out of wedlock children a year, is forced to pay for another one.

Remember 85% of criminals in prison, come from broken homes, where it is predominantly single mother households.

Feminism, womans empowerment, has done nothing but use women to destroy traditional America. The Patriarchy. Look around the world and find me one matriarchy that is a success. Haiti is a good place to start looking. Women are sexually liberated, having children from several different men, and there isn't a man on the island inspired to care for them. The government has no money to be able to enforce child support.

I resent the use of my country as an example the consequences of feminism gone haywire.

If there are lots of out-of-wedlock children in Haiti it's because my country is comprised of 90%+ illiterate and uneducated people who know little to nothing about birth control.

Even in cases where people have children out of wedlock the parents tend to stay together and make the family unit work. If single-family homes are becoming more common now it's most likely due to the negative side-effects of the Americanization of Haitian culture and because in traditional Haitian culture pretty much expects men to have extramarital affairs.

To get back to the main subject at hand, though, I would say that success in marriage isn't based on whether people "marry up" or "marry down" but on whether they share common core values (monogamy, parenting style, etc). Education also plays a role, but you could have two people of comparable education level be totally incompatible because they have incompatible core values whereas a couple with a great mismatch in education level could be perfect for each other because of the shared core values.

When women "marry up" they may end up with a guy who makes good money, but that doesn't necessarily mean he has all the necessary values, character traits, and habits that will make him into a good husband. Maybe what successful women need to do is not focus on whether a man makes comparable money to them on a yearly basis or whether he has a comparable education level (i.e. a woman with a PhD shouldn't look down on a guy who only has a bachelor's degree or a master's degree), but on whether their core values are identical and conducive to a fulfilling long-term relationship.

I think one reason men used to "marry down" was not so much out of compatibility but because they wanted to make sure they had a woman who'd be dependent on them and that they could control. While this may have prevented women from seeking divorce I strongly doubt this arrangement made for stable marriages.
As for nagging, that vile trait can be found in any woman ranging from the Fortune 500 executive to the "lowly" secretary or manual laborer. And on the same token, the corporate woman who's Anita the Hun in the office can be a very sweet loving wife to her husband at home if she has a great attitude (i.e. if she is what Doc Love would call a Flexible Giver).

In a way I do agree with you that the potential for divorce increases when women are educated---that is because if she's educated she can leave an abusive and/or unfulfilling marriage and make it on her own since she has the skills and abilities to sustain herself as a single woman. This being said, if two people respect each other, treat each other in a loving way, and don't take each other for granted, the odds of the woman leaving will be very slim regardless of her education level.

The key to success is for men to treat the woman right both in the dating phase and throughout marriage, and he has to make certain that she has a good attitude and can handle her personality quirks before getting locked up in (un)holy matrimony.

Remember, bad women come in all shapes, sizes, and education levels... all you need to do is find that one good one that will make you happy for 50+ years of marriage until one of you kicks the bucket.
doncalypso

Postby Patriarch Verlch » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:39 am

doncalypso wrote:
I resent the use of my country as an example the consequences of feminism gone haywire.

If there are lots of out-of-wedlock children in Haiti it's because my country is comprised of 90%+ illiterate and uneducated people who know little to nothing about birth control.

Even in cases where people have children out of wedlock the parents tend to stay together and make the family unit work. If single-family homes are becoming more common now it's most likely due to the negative side-effects of the Americanization of Haitian culture and because in traditional Haitian culture pretty much expects men to have extramarital affairs.

To get back to the main subject at hand, though, I would say that success in marriage isn't based on whether people "marry up" or "marry down" but on whether they share common core values (monogamy, parenting style, etc). Education also plays a role, but you could have two people of comparable education level be totally incompatible because they have incompatible core values whereas a couple with a great mismatch in education level could be perfect for each other because of the shared core values.

When women "marry up" they may end up with a guy who makes good money, but that doesn't necessarily mean he has all the necessary values, character traits, and habits that will make him into a good husband. Maybe what successful women need to do is not focus on whether a man makes comparable money to them on a yearly basis or whether he has a comparable education level (i.e. a woman with a PhD shouldn't look down on a guy who only has a bachelor's degree or a master's degree), but on whether their core values are identical and conducive to a fulfilling long-term relationship.

I think one reason men used to "marry down" was not so much out of compatibility but because they wanted to make sure they had a woman who'd be dependent on them and that they could control. While this may have prevented women from seeking divorce I strongly doubt this arrangement made for stable marriages.
As for nagging, that vile trait can be found in any woman ranging from the Fortune 500 executive to the "lowly" secretary or manual laborer. And on the same token, the corporate woman who's Anita the Hun in the office can be a very sweet loving wife to her husband at home if she has a great attitude (i.e. if she is what Doc Love would call a Flexible Giver).

Remember, bad women come in all shapes, sizes, and education levels... all you need to do is find that one good one that will make you happy for 50+ years of marriage until one of you kicks the bucket.

It's been proven don that for every 1000 dollars more a woman/wife makes, her chances of divorcing you imporoves.

My point it, the natural processes between men and women have been destroyed. Women can be physically independant from a man just by extracting his money, via alimony and child support. Both of which are unnatureal. In a perfect world these $$$$ would not be abused.

I chose Haiti because the women there have children with several different men. I see birth control as immoral, due to the fact that it will terminate a concieved child in the womb.

Marriage between one man and a women, are the only places to be raising our next generation. Not in complete poverty like there. Women have children from three or more men, thus the men are not motivated in Haiti, to provide for an unfaithful wife.

It is said in America that 30% of children born, are born by women to fathers that are not theirs. Some even raise one that is not theirs. If men find this out, they are shattered. Womens chastity is much more important than mens, to a successful human race.

I cannot fault a women for marrying a successful man, to provide and care for his prodigy. It's in a womans nature, therefore one would expect in her younger, prettier years, that she would attract a man with the means to build a future with.

A women can also marry a man with little means. Then as the relationship progresses she can be the help meet that will inspire him to greatness. Although, all too much in America, I see the women tearing down his potential greatness, belittling his authority, fighting around the children, etc.

Scripture tells us it is better to live on the roof of your house, than with a contentious woman.

The truth of the matter is, successful women want men more successful than her, if she is homely, she is in trouble. All the good men will be gone.

If she has a conscious, she can help him become more successful than her, then get independent of the workforce by inspiring her man to become the official breadwinner, while she enjoys the life of a lady, does hobbies, plants a vineyard, sow, and goes shopping with her girlfriends. Rough life.
Patriarch Verlch

Postby Hremom » Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:47 am

If she has a conscious, she can help him become more successful than her, then get independent of the workforce by inspiring her man to become the official breadwinner, while she enjoys the life of a lady, does hobbies, plants a vineyard, sow, and goes shopping with her girlfriends. Rough life.

You have an odd idea of what a stay at home wife and mother does. As such a woman, let me enlighten you a bit.

My day starts at 6 a.m. getting the kids up and ready for school. Making breakfast, making sure they are dressed appropriately for school, brushing and doing the hair for 3 little girls (braids, pig tails, or sometimes curling it), making lunches, and then getting them off to school. Before I get them up I've already started a load of laundry.

When I get back from taking them to school I do dishes, vacuum and do other household chores. All this is done while keeping an eye on a very active baby. At nap time I get time to get a shower. Once a week before the shower I clean the bathroom..... tub, sink and counter, toliet and mop and clean the mirror. By this time I've usually done a second load of laundry.

Now it's lunchtime for the baby and myself and afterwards I usually start dinner unless I'm making something that doesn't take all day. But usually I'm starting a pot roast, spaghetti sauce or some such that cooks slow and all day as those are the most tasty meals. While dinner is cooking I do another load of laundry, mop the kitchen and play with baby. Once a month I do take an afternoon to do any repairs to clothing. Once a week I do the ironing, encluding table linens. Twice a month I go grocery shopping and my Mom gets the school girls when they get home.

After school I help the girls with homework. Then they go play with their friends for a couple hours before dinner while baby gets a nap. This is my break. I can get on the internet, call a friend, write emails or a letter to those relatives who don't have email, make my grocery list or pay bills while I enjoy listening to the afternoon noons or sometimes a talk show.

At 530 p.m. it's time to get the kids home and washed up for dinner. They set the table while I get the food out of pots and pans and into serving dishes and on the table by 6 p.m. After dinner the girls take turns bathing and helping me with dishes. They are in bed by 8, 930 and 9 respectively.

My day still isn't over. Hubby works nights so I need to pack his "lunch" and if he is traveling this week I will need to pack his cooler of home cooked snack and reheatable meals. He packs his own suitcase. I feed the pets, vacuum again and then, if I'm lucky, enjoy an hour or two of reading, watching tv or working on a blanket I'm crocheting.

Add into all this that I do things like volenteer at school three days a week. Go to PTA meetings. Organize and prepare for dinner parties for Hubbies co-workers. Make goodies for school (no, I don't send store bought stuff.) and help my elderly aunt and mother who both live next door to me.

Where is this life of liesure you seem to invision? Lunch with my girlfriends? Shopping with them? :lol: I haven't done that in years!! My working friends have more free time than I do because they hire baby sitters and a once a week housekeeper.
Hremom

Postby Patriarch Verlch » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:18 pm

Hremom wrote:

You have an odd idea of what a stay at home wife and mother does. As such a woman, let me enlighten you a bit.

My day starts at 6 a.m. getting the kids up and ready for school. Making breakfast, making sure they are dressed appropriately for school, brushing and doing the hair for 3 little girls (braids, pig tails, or sometimes curling it), making lunches, and then getting them off to school. Before I get them up I've already started a load of laundry.

When I get back from taking them to school I do dishes, vacuum and do other household chores. All this is done while keeping an eye on a very active baby. At nap time I get time to get a shower. Once a week before the shower I clean the bathroom..... tub, sink and counter, toliet and mop and clean the mirror. By this time I've usually done a second load of laundry.

Now it's lunchtime for the baby and myself and afterwards I usually start dinner unless I'm making something that doesn't take all day. But usually I'm starting a pot roast, spaghetti sauce or some such that cooks slow and all day as those are the most tasty meals. While dinner is cooking I do another load of laundry, mop the kitchen and play with baby. Once a month I do take an afternoon to do any repairs to clothing. Once a week I do the ironing, encluding table linens. Twice a month I go grocery shopping and my Mom gets the school girls when they get home.

After school I help the girls with homework. Then they go play with their friends for a couple hours before dinner while baby gets a nap. This is my break. I can get on the internet, call a friend, write emails or a letter to those relatives who don't have email, make my grocery list or pay bills while I enjoy listening to the afternoon noons or sometimes a talk show.

At 530 p.m. it's time to get the kids home and washed up for dinner. They set the table while I get the food out of pots and pans and into serving dishes and on the table by 6 p.m. After dinner the girls take turns bathing and helping me with dishes. They are in bed by 8, 930 and 9 respectively.

My day still isn't over. Hubby works nights so I need to pack his "lunch" and if he is traveling this week I will need to pack his cooler of home cooked snack and reheatable meals. He packs his own suitcase. I feed the pets, vacuum again and then, if I'm lucky, enjoy an hour or two of reading, watching tv or working on a blanket I'm crocheting.

Add into all this that I do things like volenteer at school three days a week. Go to PTA meetings. Organize and prepare for dinner parties for Hubbies co-workers. Make goodies for school (no, I don't send store bought stuff.) and help my elderly aunt and mother who both live next door to me.

Where is this life of liesure you seem to invision? Lunch with my girlfriends? Shopping with them? :lol: I haven't done that in years!! My working friends have more free time than I do because they hire baby sitters and a once a week housekeeper.

That is fine, I would expect a mother to be busy.

Once your children get in daycare or school, it is a different ball game. Case in point, on a local Television station a young man set out to prove it wasn't as hard staying at home all day, as his wife had led him to believe.

So he set out to see just how hard it was.

He woke up, prepared breakfast, mind you his wife had stepped out for two weeks, and got the kids on the bus by 8:30. He cleaned the kitchen, did some chores like a load of laundry, vacuumed, and made the beds.

He was then on the golf course by 9:30 and drinking beers by 2:00. He then met his children at home, made supper, cleaned up and they watched movies. Hardly the life of a slave. Hardly a life to complain about, he said he didn't break a sweat while she was gone, not once.

Now compare that with manly jobs, men do. Remembering all the while 95% of on the job deaths are men. For me, it is working on a roof three stories off the ground, carrying ladders, moving ropes, lines, roof jacks, 100 lbs of roofing material on a 9/12 pitch, sometimes the heat on the roof is 125 degrees. Now, I'm not complaining, just a case in point, men do valuable work in society and it's time we are noticed, and respected, loved and cared for by our wives. We sacrifice our lives on the job, and in the home. We are the first line of defense if a perverted product of fatherlessness breaks in to harm our wives and our children. We defend our families with our lives, and its time you women remember that. How are we to build a strong nation when our women emotionally destroy the half of American men?

The worst kicker of all, is working women have jobs men need to support current families and those that have chosen to leave us. As you've heard me say 85% of all divorces are initiated by women. Why not when then can extract wealth and leave.

I heard a woman on Tom Leykis today accuse him of being sexist. Her reasoning was that Tom had said there was nothing in Marriage for men. Why he said, "Alimony and child support". Basically he was bashing marriage. The female caller lamented that fact, and told Tom he was "Wrong." AS the conversation progressed she blurted out that "Women do not need men." Then she said something sinister, she said, "Most women only want a baby from men." "Bull Shit" I say. Only want a baby? Then to extract wealth from a man, through child support and alimony? BS again, men want women to want them, not a baby and then be turned into exactly what Tom said, a "wallet." BS again. That is not a healthy America. That is one that is unnatural and harmful.

There is a natural balance between men and women. We both need each other. That is upset when women get all the safety nets. They can play musical fathers, serial marriages, all the while extracting the means to survive from all said men, in all said manners. It is destruction.

How so, if you missed the above. Criminals account for 85% of all criminals, are from single mother households. To make a women feel safe, you need more safety nets for them, more tax dollars, more police, more prisons, lawyers, everything.

700 k out of wedlock births, all tax funded by Uncle Samuel. More destruction. This cannot go on, stably.

Do you know what, when a man dies, his wife gets child support from the state. If they are divorced. Case in point, my buddie lost his brother from lung cancer at 37, smoker. He had a successful job making 4 k a month, well he lost that after the divorce. The court had ordered him to pay 2k a month. Well he had found a job making exactly 2k, and still was ordered to pay that. With some help from his father every month, he was still poverty point. Well he keep smoking, but he stopped eating. He lost lbs and was at 125 lbs when he developed cancer. On his death bed his ex wife brought in the gentlemen she cheated on her now dying ex husband with. Also she had left with the new man. He had three children.

Well, when he died, now her new sugar daddy pays the bills. The state pays her 2k a month. More BS. Our tax dollars hard at work recycling the same garbage with the new girls. Products of a messed up home life.

There are more stories like this.

We need to re balance the relationships between men and women. We need child support and alimony in all its forms, sacked. This will make women work harder to stay together, and take care of their husbands. Otherwise I will never marry another one of you in America, this coming from a dyed in the wool, white man. I will look elsewhere. You women can play miss independence, all the while ready to pounce on alimony and child support is not being independent, and I will not stand for it. It is unequal and unfair. You all should see it aswell.

Good night.
Patriarch Verlch

Postby Hremom » Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:44 pm

As you've heard me say 85% of all divorces are initiated by women.

I'd like to know where you get this stat from. From watching people over my lifetime I would say that men and women are equally responsable for leaving marriages. Some times the woman leaves, some times the man.

I have been divorced. We were married 2 years and when the abuse stopped being verbal and emotional and started being physical I left. I will not tolerate being abused ever again, and I will not abuse.

My second husband and I have been married 13 years and still going strong. We have our ups and downs but at the end of the day we remember that we love and respect each other, we honor what each other does to work toward our goals and most importantly, we have created 4 beautiful girls together that we want to raise together.

I'm sorry you are so soured on marriage and American women. From what I've seen men and women both fail to honor their vowes of love, honor and respecting their spouses. Marriage has become disposable because both sexes are all too eager to leave if they are not "happy" with their spouse. As often as not, they are not happy with themselves either and will take their unhappiness with them into their next relationship.
Hremom

Postby Patriarch Verlch » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:05 pm

Hremom wrote:
As you've heard me say 85% of all divorces are initiated by women.

I'd like to know where you get this stat from. From watching people over my lifetime I would say that men and women are equally responsable for leaving marriages. Some times the woman leaves, some times the man.

Here you go.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divorce

According to [Brinig 2000], women currently file slightly more than two-thirds of divorce cases in the US. There is some variation among states, and the numbers have also varied over time, with about 60% of filings by women in most of the 19th century, and over 70% by women in some states just after no-fault divorce was introduced, according to the paper.

There you go.

A 2005 Census Bureau Report found that in 2002, $40 billion had been paid in support arrangements by 7.8 million payers, 84% of whom were men

Here is some stats, based off memory. The divorce rate 100 years ago was 10%. Then came the 60's and the sexual liberation. The divorce rate jumped to 20%. Then came feminists assault on marriage.

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/Mona ... s_it_badly

Then it jumped to 40% after anti marriage, anti children, anti God, feminists came in search of their humorless agenda. A few short years later and we came to where we are now. An institution that does not favor men, and can, in an instant take a man's money and his children.

This is the reason our birth rates are plummeting among whites. Men avoid marriage, and women are waiting until their looks have faded to find a mate.

Trust me, this is urgent, we need to destroy alimony and child support, just as Britain has done. Well they have on the child support side. Let's let families work out what is best, and not some third party on our marriage certificate.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=16370

Until that time comes, I will be extremely selective in who I marry, because I do not want to be divorced. I do not need to watch my child carted off from me, to watch my wages garnished by my supposed equal.

I beleive just about everything this man says in his website. He is no longer amoung the living with us, but he spent his life fighting to see his child. I haven't lost mine yet, but I am fighting just in case, to try and tip the scales. To try and make things equal, not one sided.

http://www.mugu.com/cgi-bin/Upstream/Li ... index.html

Again, I agree with him on everything except evolution.
Patriarch Verlch

Postby Hremom » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:10 pm

Okay, so more woman file. That does not mean women are more at fault when marriages fail.

Men and women cheat. Personally, infidelity is a deal breaker.

More men than women abuse (at least physically). Abuse is a deal breaker.

Drug abuse has caused many a family to fall apart. In my own family more men have substance abuse problems than women (though both of my Dad's parent's were flat out drunks). Substance abuse is an equal oppurtunity problem/illness and often leads to the end of marriages.

We need to make it more difficult for people to get married and more difficult to get divorced. I agree we need to do away with no fault divorce.

100 years ago both men and women who divorced became social outcasts. Even so, often men and women walked away from their families without ever divorcing.
Hremom

Postby Patriarch Verlch » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:44 pm

Hremom wrote: Even so, often men and women walked away from their families without ever divorcing.

10%, only. Maybe even less than that. I could live with that, not nowadays.

For the record, I think the reason there are so many divorces is because women do not view men as the clear leader in the marriage. Feminists encourage women to be contentious and anti biblical in their marriages. I think this leads to problems. I think men would not cheat if their wives put out more. Case in point, once a hooker approached me, I politely declined her offer, we got to talking and she said," You know something, if wives did their jobs, I wouldn't have mine."

The point is, a man should leave his house every day with his balls drained, and you as a wife have nothing to worry about.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Law/2006/08/14/1755864.html

Check that? That above, allows women to leave and not feel like they need men, they just need our $$$$.

Like I have said before, let's get ride of child support and alimony, let us let things return naturally to the way the way there were before.
Patriarch Verlch

Patriarch...

Postby LovingWife » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:29 am

It makes me nauseous to see you quote scripture along with the very anti-Christian Tom Leykis. That man encourages other men to use and discard young women, and it is sickening to think that a man who claims to be a Christian would be listening to someone like that.

As for working, the scriptures do not forbid a woman from working outside the home. I work full time as a registered nurse on a pediatric cancer ward. I love my job, and by working am able to help with the finances and relieve some of the burden from my dear husband who works so hard to support all of us. I earn more than my husband, but he is still the man of the house, and we treat each other with respect.

As a mother of 4 daughters, I am raising them to be moral, loving young women with good values. Whether they work or stay at home full time will be between them and their future husbands.
LovingWife

What?

Postby Patriarch Verlch » Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:43 pm

You talking to me? When have I quoted Tom Leykis?

Scripture may not call you out by name and tell you not to work as a nurse, but scripture does say this:

In Titus 2:3-5 the apostle Paul charges the older women in the church to teach the younger women "to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed."

I believe unless a woman chooses the path of single hood, she should be a keeper of her own home, not working as the men work.

If your a Christian think back to Christ dying on the cross and what he said to John. "Saint John, Behold thy mother, and to His Mother, Behold thy son" (John 19:26-27)

From that moment on he was to be in charge of The Mother of Christ. He took her home, and from that moment on he she was in John's household. Until anther man may have married her and taken responsibility for her.

Back then there wasn't constant arguing with women over this and that. Life had clear cut roles, women were not feeling slighted for not having to compete with men as they do now with such ease.

http://www.patriarchspath.org/Articles/ ... t_Home.htm

You want to be a career woman, please don't marry, you are doing the next generation of latch key children a great disservice. You are actually changing their behavior by not "keeping" the house for them. A 7 year old doesn't need to come home to an empty house, while momma dearest is out fulfilling personal goals. Why get married? Why have children? You want to be a man, than act like one, be alone.

Another reason women shouldn't have been allowed to vote is our taxes would be lower. Women tend to vote for candidates who are not afraid to raise taxes to cover social welfare programs millions of women are dependant on. Rather than prove they don't need a man, they suck the life out of our tax dollars. With 700,000 children a year born to out of wedlock mothers all tax funded, this is no joke!

What does Hitlery want to do? Raise taxes to cover more tax based welfare programs. Universal health care, universal day care, tax funded abortion, at that point why even work as the socialists are trying to run the country morally into the ground. Wake up Robotic Amerislaves, your freedoms are evaporating faster than one might think.

One more thing Miss Thing. I only like Tom because he puts women in their place. I can pass on all the fornicating, and atheism, but other than that, telling men to stop getting pushed around by so called independent women, isn't a bad thing. We don't want weak effeminate men, who get pushed around by women, defending our nations children. We want strong manly men standing up for what is right for the nation, we are sick of watching women standing up for what is right for themselves and themselves only!!!! Emphasis mine.
Patriarch Verlch

interesting interpretation...

Postby LovingWife » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:11 pm

take a look at Proverbs 31. That wife was very hard working.

I disagree with your interpretation of Titus 2. My home and family is my primary focus. That doesn't mean I can't also work and contribute to our family income, as well as provide comfort to the families and children I care for at work.

I am already married, so unless you are suggesting I get a divorce and put my children up for adoption, your argument is mute.

My decision to work is between my husband and me. He supports me, and that is the only opinion that matters.

My children are not latch key children. They are happy, well adjusted children. My oldest is 15 and a straight A student in a Christian school. None of my children have adjustment problems of any sort.

A christian man wouldn't be listening to Tom Leykis because he encourages men to have sex with young women and discard them as garbage. How can you even read scripture and listen to Tom Leykis? That man is pure evil.
LovingWife

Next

Return to Roles